Part 1/3 of our ebook How to Migrate to EFSS
Complexities for data migration
Permission mapping, maintaining security and network consistency are some of the most critical complexities for data migration. Knowing the size of data is therefore crucial in preparing for demands on network and staff. EFSS providers employ rate limiting technologies that enforce a maximum number of files and/or bytes per second. Thorough planning is needed to avoid timeouts and transmission errors during data migration.
Additional data migration complexities:
- Permanent errors such as “file access denied” messages
- Overly long file names, disallowed file-types and files containing illegal characters
- Transferring files to the cloud through restrictive on-premises firewalls
- Temporary errors including network consistency, insufficient bandwidth or server overload
- If data location credentials are incompatible, then it takes system administrators a significant amount of time to move data successfully
- If the upstream WAN connection is managed poorly, then data migration can be crippling
These migration complexities can be resolved in two ways:
- System administrators move data manually. While this is straightforward, data migration can be delayed or failed completely.
- Implement an automated solution that can help overcome many of these complexities. While this may require more resources upfront, it is less prone to catastrophic failure.
Learn how Cloud FastPath solves data migration complexities.
Thanks! We will be in touch
Easy to use cloud based interface
End to end encryption
Move many terabytes with speed