Migrate to Sharefile
Simplify Sharefile Migration with Cloud FastPath
A migration to ShareFile should not be the biggest roadblock to adoption. If you are migrating from an on-premises filesystem to Sharefile or from another cloud EFSS provider like Dropbox, Box Sharepoint, or Google Drive to Sharefile you may be wondering what the best migration strategy is. Scripting or manual migration are bound to run into issues such as restarts, constant errors, duplication, failed transfers, and slow transfer rates.
Cloud FastPath greatly simplifies a large scale migration to Sharefile. As you move many users they will retain their permissions. Cloud FastPath also ensures successful migration with advanced logging and migration scheduling, so if there are many silos of files in many locations they can be transferred in an organized manner.
Here are the steps taken for a proven successful Sharefile migration:
- Pre-migration content analysis and reporting
- Design the Sharefile migration “waves”. For example, how many users would you like to migrate per stream? From which locations?
- Determine Sharefile adoption, training, and communication strategy
- Use automated permission and user mapping to seamlessly transfer users
- Schedule the migration waves to automatically resync
- Transfer with performance optimizations and parallel Sharefile loading for speeds of over 50TB per day
- Verify transfers were successful with thorough post-migration reporting
- Cutover users and put old systems into read-only
Whether you need to move from on-premises servers, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive for Business, or Google Drive, Cloud FastPath simplifies your Sharefile migration.
Get a free trial today or fill out the form to receive a free migration consultation.