Easily Migrate to OneDrive for Business from On-premises Servers or Cloud File Platforms
Cloud FastPath simplifies and expedites a migration to OneDrive for Business
Cloud FastPath takes the difficulty and complexity out of large scale migrations to OneDrive. Scripting or manual migration are bound to run into issues such as restarts, constant errors, duplication, failed transfers, and slow transfer rates. Automation and effective analytics and planning features offer a robust solution to these issues, and Cloud FastPath delivers these in spades.
Cloud FastPath is a cloud native SaaS migration, backup, and sync tool. With transfer speeds of more than 5x-20x that of typical CLI tools and other migration services, Cloud FastPath greatly reduces the time required to execute a successful migration to OneDrive for Business.
- User Account & User Permission Mapping: Automated user permission mapping ensures permissions and structure are maintained between systems. When migrating, it’s important to recognize that different storage solutions have different permissions structures, and ensuring that your permissions are effectively mapped into the structure of your destination, so that users have continued access to their files and sensitive content remains protected, is essential. Hundreds to tens of thousands of user home drives can be automatically mapped to accounts in OneDrive for Business, ensuring that your IT project managers needn’t spend unnecessary time mapping these permissions manually. Also, Cloud FastPath automatically identifies shared data that might be a better fit in SharePoint Online, or sharing can be edited to ensure an organized migration. This intuitive and multi-faceted feature of CFP is one of the most surefire ways to protect your content, and ensure the success of your migration.
- Automated error detection: With Cloud FastPath, errors– such as path-length issues, file type restriction issues, and restricted characters issues–are immediately detected, and project managers swiftly alerted. These notifications help migration teams to quickly remediate such issues, and to restructure migration waves if necessary. While free migration tools and FTP will often leave you guessing as to what content failed to make it to your cloud destination and why, CFP continually keeps IT personnel informed at every turn.
- Analytics and Simulation: Cloud FastPath can show exactly what will be migrated and how long it will take. Filtering and segmenting files and directories based on file size, owner, type, location, and more is simple, and these elements ultimately prove essential when you migrate to OneDrive for Business. With this information, it’s easier than ever to answer questions about migration strategy. Who are your power users? How must they be segmented? How is content shared and how will that look within a different permissions structure? You can also analyze permission mappings to determine what should go to OneDrive, what should go to SharePoint Online, and what can be left behind.
- Parallel Transfers: When faced with migrating millions of files and many TB’s of content, Cloud FastPath’s transfer performance, auto-scaling transfer infrastructure, auto-retry, and OneDrive API optimizations make a large scale migration feasible. Cloud FastPath can migrate over 50TB per day into OneDrive for Business
- Scheduling: Migrating many users or servers from many locations is simple. Scheduling migration jobs to run at a certain time or after another finishes ensures a steady pipeline into OneDrive.
- Smooth Cutover: Minimize the cutover time to OneDrive to almost nothing. Integrate and time your migration waves with your OneDrive sync rollout plan and GPO’s to give your uses a painless transition to OneDrive.
Cloud FastPath Ensures that Migration Goes Smoothly–Every Step of the Way:
Migrating to OneDrive for Business is a multi-step process that can take more time than many organizations realize, and it’s important to have a migration solution that will support your IT managers and your end users over the course of the entire process.
The Cloud FastPath Project Center provides a centralized hub for analytics, reporting, and migration management and regularly provides data to your OneDrive for Business migration team that they can disseminate to end users and departments, keeping them abreast of migration milestones or challenges that may affect their work. When you are planning to migrate to OneDrive for Business, it’s essential to keep your users in the loop, and ensure they can continue their work unabated. The whole point of OneDrive for Business migrations is to empower your organization and provide your users with additional, dynamic resources. A migration that disrupts their productivity almost defeats the purpose.
With free migration tools, OneDrive for Business migrations become a litany of limitations at every stage of the process. Inadequate analytics force project managers to work overtime just to devise the most basic migration plan–one that often proves to be incomplete. The inability to migrate large amounts of content force teams to plan more and more small jobs, prolonging the project and raising the risk of error. Finally, non-existent reporting capabilities make it near impossible for IT to discern whether the completed migration was a success until problems come to light while end users are working.
OneDrive for Business is supposed to be a hub for collaboration, storage, and security, but insufficient migration tools mean that the process of getting there can be disastrous. With Cloud FastPath, organizations across all industries are experience smooth, powerful migrations that allow them to make the most of OneDrive for Business, changing the way that they work.