Job metrics are estimates only, particularly for rate and time parameters. In particular, estimated time remaining until your job completes is subject to fluctuations in many variables: file size, disturbances on public transit lines, and traffic at the target server, to name a few. Be aware that if there are errors in your job, which can occur due to disturbances in transmission that are beyond CFP’s control, the job will need to repeat, and that can also extend the time of your overall migration. Therefore, if you are planning a schedule that depends on your data transfer, allow time well beyond what is in the job estimator.
To view the job metrics balloon, click on the job name in the dashboard. Job metrics are only available during or after a job run.
Job Metrics for Jobs in Progress
1: The metrics available while a job is running are:
- Estimated completion: the estimated percent completion for the job. Completion may be calculated based on received file or received bytes divided by the total for the job.
- Transfer rate: the number of bytes/sec transferred by CFP. This parameter and transfer file rate are calculated by dividing the total bytes transferred by elapsed time, so they are average rates for the migration, not real-time snapshots.
- Transfer file rate: the files per second, or seconds per file, that are transferred to the target server.
- Estimated time remaining: estimated time until the job completes. This number will either be unavailable or unstable for the first hour or so of migration; this estimate may be misleading beyond an hour for migrations that are large (> 500GB) / have poor upload speed, because CFP is still inventorying and structuring the data transfer.
- Elapsed time: the duration of the migration to date.
- Files received: the number of files received at the target.
- Bytes received: the number of bytes received. Looking at bytes and files received in tandem can be useful for tracking the migration’s overall progress. For example, the file count may be stagnant if a single large file is being uploaded, but the byte count in this case will continue to increase.
- Estimated file count: total number of files in the job.
- Estimated job size: the total size of your job in bytes.
- Compression: the average ratio of compression for your files prior to transfer.
- Errors: the error count for your job.
- Files in flight: the number of files that are currently in transit between the source and target.
Job Metrics for Jobs That Have Finished
1: After a job has completed, the metrics will display parameters for the last job that has progressed beyond validation. The metrics available after a job has finished are:
- Last run: The last date on which the job was run.
- Elapsed time: The total duration of the job.
- Files received: The total files received by the target during the job. Note that this number will include one CFP transfer log, a CFP-generated .csv file that documents which files were transferred during your job.
- Bytes received: The total bytes received during the job.
- File count: The total files tagged for transfer on the source.
- Job size: The total bytes tagged for transfer on the source.
- Errors: Total number of errors in the job.