The Target Paths tab lists Team folders for Dropbox target jobs. At one time, it was also used to apply permissions to target folders after data was transferred. Permissions can now be applied from the Paths tab, regardless of whether the data to be shared is already on the target, and is much easier to execute from the Paths tab.
- You can also use the Target Paths tab to create Team Folders. If you want to create a Team folder (Dropbox target only), enter ‘Yes’ in the Team Folder? column. You can also add a group to apply to that Team Folder in the Editor (Groups) column.
- NOTE: Cloud FastPath recommends that if you are transferring data to a Team Folder, you should create the Team Folders in Dropbox and not in the spreadsheet. The reason for this is that when you run a simulation, CFP will have the Team Folders and sharing Group(s) already available for inspection, and can verify that your data will go to the team folder. If you create the Team Folders via the spreadsheet, they won’t be created until the transfer, so CFP cannot verify the data will go to the team folders during simulation.
- Do not execute operations for a given target path on both the Paths and Target Paths tab. For example, do not redirect data to a target path in the Paths tab, and apply permissions to that same target path in the Target Paths tab.
Creating Empty Folders on the Target
You can also create an empty folder on the target from the Target Paths tab.
- Enter the Target Owner and Target Path in the applicable columns for the folder you want to create. For the Target Path, the folder must have a trailing slash, like this: /My Empty Target Folder/. The Target Owner can be any valid account on the target, and doesn’t have to be an account that is selected for that job. You can create as many empty folders as you want; each folder created needs to be entered on a separate line.
- You must apply at least one share to each folder for it to transfer. If you do not want to share the folder on the target, share it with a service account, and then delete that user when the migration completes.
- Run the job in Apply ACL (not Data Only) mode. When the job runs, it must have at least one item that has a status of success (the item transferred to the target) or match-exists (the item already exists on the target) for the empty folder to be created.